Virtual Conference – 9am to 4pm
*registration begins at 0830
Questions? Contact Leslie Chin RN
Loma Prieta Chapter News
- Revised meeting schedule to not meet every month due to low attendance.
- No meetings in July & Dec, meet every other month otherwise.
- Some meetings are social activities such as candy making.
- I (Diane St. Denis) will be speaking at our next meeting about MCI & other disasters from a Red Cross perspective.
- Director – Catherine Marlatt
- Immediate Past President – Alena Yeh
- President – Kelly Johnson
- President-Elect – Alana Hernandez
- Secretary – Leslie Chin
- State Council Representative – Diane St Denis
- Treasurer – Colleen Vega
Chapter Report to State Council
Our March meeting canceled at the last minute due to power outage related issues from the storm that hit NorCal.
We are planning a CE presentation at May meeting. Topic will be mass casualty, floods, volcanos and other disaster response topics.
Also in the planning stage is a candy-making class as a social/networking opportunity.
Our Chapter met to celebrate Emergency Nurses Week on 10/20/22 at a Meso Modern Mediterranean restaurant. Great food and a good time was had by all. We have completed our 2023 calendar and will continue to have social events and business meetings on alternate months. We discussed our Annual Update which will be held in the fall of 2023. The theme will be, “Anything but Covid”. More details to come!
Respectfully Submitted by
Alternate State Council Representative,
Jan Ogar, RN
Our last meeting was a non-business meeting, We brought in dinner and then attended a cupcake decorating class. Seven members attended, one was a first time attendee, We each decorated and took home a dozen cupcakes. Our next meeting will be a business meeting. We are trying to find ways to bring in new members. I have interest by a member about being a first time delegate! She is unable to attend our meetings but is trying to find a way to get involved.
Loma Prieta is busy coordinating and finalizing the upcoming annual education event, Survival Skills for the ED Nurse, scheduled May 21, 2020 at Regional Medical Center of San Jose. More details coming soon! Chapter meetings are scheduled the third Thursday of the month.