- Tuesday, April 11 – 6:30-8:30pm Dinner meeting at Harborview Restaurant sponsored by Abbott. Pre-register here: https://www.l3healthcare.com/abbottmeded/april11rsvp
- Monday, June 5 – 8:00am-4:30pm TraumaCon 2023 at Zuckerburg San Francisco General Hospital Carr Auditorium. Ticket Sales Go-Live April 10! – View Flyer
- August – No chapter meeting, we encourage everyone to attend the CalENA meeting in San Francisco!
- October 10 – Chapter Meeting (Location/Time TBD)
- December 12 – Holiday Party (Location/Time TBD)
We hope to see you soon!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any event inquiries!
San Francisco Chapter News
San Francisco Chapter has 454 members. In Mar 2021, first in-person Board Meeting Added EMS Liaison and Student Liaison to Board Had a Trauma education program (Virtual); had 2 social events; starting planning for a Newsletter Goals for 2022 Increase membership to 500; have a fundraiser to earn at least $1000.00 Have a social event in May to celebrate Nurses Week; Offer an educational event with CE’s given Continue to work on Newsletter and send it monthly, each time welcoming new members Will start the year with a Board Meeting in January.
- President: Meredith Holder, MSN, RN, CEN, TCRN
- President-Elect: open
- Immediate Past-Presidents: Tamara AL-Yassin, BSN, RN, CEN, PHN and Emmanuel Jisrawi, BSN, RN, CEN, TCRN
- Treasurer: Michelle Wong, BSN, RN, CEN, PCCN
- Secretary: Emmanuel Jisrawi, BSN, RN, CEN, TCRN
- Chapter Delegate: Judith Scott, MHA, RN, PHN, FAEN
- Marketing and Social Media: Tiffany Nguyen, MSN, RN
- Education: open
- Trauma: Meaghan Carroll, RN, MSN, CNL, CEN, TCRN
- Government Affairs: Heather Hickman, BSN, RN, CEN, CPEN, CCRN
- EMS: Steven Jacobson, MS, MSN, MBA, RN, CEN, CFRN, CTRN, CPEN, TCRN
Chapter Report to State Council
1. June 5 from 0800-1630 is TraumaCon! We are thrilled to be re-starting this event and hope to draw in a big crowd. I have attached our event flyer and ask that you share at the Laguna meeting, especially with our colleagues from Loma Prieta, East Bay and Sacramento chapters, since it would be a bit closer for them.
2. Our event with Abbott in April went well. We had 15 attendees total and everyone had a great time.
3. Plan still for August is to encourage attendance at the local state council meeting.
4. October 10 meeting/event TBD–considering wellness event for emergency nurses week
5. December 12 will be at Farmshop in Marin with BioXcel.
May Newsletter is out.
Included in Newsletter is a notice concerning accepting candidates for the San Francisco Chapter Board.
Notice on Trauma Con 05 Jun 2023 from 0800 to 1630.
Notice about EN 23 in San Diego.
Notice for applying to be a delegate in San Diego.
Article on the importance of education.
1. First chapter meeting of the year was held February 21. We met virtually and had 6 attendees including our board and the speaker who was Immediate Past President Tamara AL-Yassin, CEO who spoke on her experience from bedside to boardroom.
2. Tuesday, April 11 from 6:30-8:30p Dinner and education sponsored by Abbott at Harborview Restaurant and Bar in San Francisco. Speaker is Kim Evans and topic is Rapid Respiratory ID POC Testing. A pre-registration link was sent in our newsletter at the beginning of the month, and social media links will be out today. Venue will seat 25.
3. TraumaCon is back! Monday, June 5 at Carr Auditorium at SFGH. Plan is to make it an all day event, ticket to include CEs and catered box lunch. On the hunt for speakers right now. Teri Campbell is our keynote speaker. Registration/tickets will be available likely beginning to mid April. This event will replace the original June chapter meeting date and we will have a short chapter meeting during the event.
4. Plan for no meeting in August as SF will be hosting state council. The hope is to encourage more local attendance at the state council meeting.
5. Remainder of chapter meetings will be:
Looking for vendors to co-host these events and possibly collaborating with East Bay ENA for a joint endeavor.
San Francisco Chapter had five members attend General Assembly as delegates. Two were first time delegates. Since next year’s General Assembly will be in California, let’s hope for more first-time delegates. San Francisco Chapter had an Emergency Nurses Day celebration at Parklab Gardens. If you haven’t visited this fun place, give it a try. San Francisco Chapter is losing one of our great young nurses. Kenneth “Dock” Fox is moving to Connecticut. Doc joined ENA as a student nurse and stayed with us following graduation. He is an asset to ENA and his place of employment. We will miss you. We all wish him good luck in his new surroundings. See you in San Diego in September, Dock!!!!
2 of our members have started a company called The Nursing Beat. it gives up-to-date info about healthcare. 18 Aug at 1800 hours is Trivia night at Harmonic – 1050 26th Ave S.F. Talked about GETTING INVOLVED in ENA following their platform of Education, being a Volunteer, getting interested in Local Government, participate by Running for Office and most importantly Staying Involved. Encouraged all to get certified with CEN Continue to look for the Chapter Newsletter.
Report from San Francisco Chapter The San Francisco Chapter has purchased a vest with a monogram – SF Chapter. They will look great at State Council Meetings. The Chapter has newsletters that are published monthly. A copy of March, April and May were passed around to other Chapter Delegates to review them. Event scheduled for 22 May has been canceled.
San Francisco Chapter is seeing increased social media engagement. This is due to the great educational posts by our President-Elect Meredith Holder. Good Job!! There is considerable work being done to revamp the newsletter by changing the design and trying a new platform. Brittney B and Tiffany N have taken on this project. Brittney B., Past President, gave a presentation to USF Nursing students explaining the value of joining your professional organization. She used ENA as an example and talked about the history of our organization. Manny, our Co-President, has created individualized emails for the board positions Tamara, our Co-President, is working to establish partnerships with vendors. She has 3-4 in the works. Hannah has designed and ordered vests for the SF Chapter Board. Dock has taken the lead to formulate an appropriate form to process the workflow with vendors Dock is also creating badges to wear at State Council meetings. Heather Hickman, a Stanford RN has agreed to be our liaison on the Government Affairs Committee. The Board plans to attend the August meeting in San Jose. This will be a first State Council meeting for several members. Future – Plans are in place to have an event to honor those graduating in May.
San Francisco Chapter has Co-Presidents – Hannah BERNS and Brittney BUNNELL. They have been working hard to transfer information to enable them to run this chapter. They have scheduled a January Board meeting and a February virtual Chapter meeting. Their leadership committee listing: President-Elect – Tamara Al-Yassin President-Elect – Emmanuel (Manny) Jisrawi Secretary – Kelli Bates Leith Treasurer – Ryan Patrick Stewart Chapter Representative – Judith A. Scott Past President – Cheryl Randolph Past Treasurer – Melissa Lancaster Trauma Committee – Meaghan White Education Committee – Meredith Holder
The San Francisco Chapter is planning its Spring ED Nursing Conference. It will be held at San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center – Carr Auditorium 1001 Potrero Avenue between 22nd & 23rd Streets SF – 94110 The conference offers 7 CEs and includes Breakfast and Lunch plus time to network with the vendors.
1. Fall Conference “EN19: A Preview of the National Conference”: 85 attendee’s, 5 new members, and a break-even profit/loss due to the high cost of bringing speakers from all over the country. The quality of the presentations was excellent, and did not demand a financial return. 2. Plans for Spring Conference: Likely to be held in APRIL. Working title: “Legal Concerns in Emergency Nursing Practice.” Will have speakers on the role of the charge nurse, documentation, legal process of a malpractice suit… 3. Judith Scott will be our Chapter rep for upcoming March, May and Aug State Meetings.