- July 13 – 15, 2022 Western Pediatric Trauma Conference
- July 28, 2022 Baxter Event at Marin General Library (SFENA Host)
- August 11, 2022 Trauma Critical Care Symposium
- August 18, 2022 Trivia Night at Harmonic Dogpatch (SFENA Host)
San Francisco Chapter News
San Francisco Chapter has 454 members. In Mar 2021, first in-person Board Meeting Added EMS Liaison and Student Liaison to Board Had a Trauma education program (Virtual); had 2 social events; starting planning for a Newsletter Goals for 2022 Increase membership to 500; have a fundraiser to earn at least $1000.00 Have a social event in May to celebrate Nurses Week; Offer an educational event with CE’s given Continue to work on Newsletter and send it monthly, each time welcoming new members Will start the year with a Board Meeting in January.
- Presidents: Tamara AL-Yassin, BSN, RN, CEN, PHN and Emmanuel Jisrawi, BSN, RN, CEN, TCRN
- President-Elect (&Education): Meredith Holder, MSN, RN, CEN, TCRN
- Immediate Past-Presidents: Hannah Berns, MHCI, BSN, RN, CEN, CPEN, TCRN and Brittney Bunnell, MS, CNS, RN
- Treasurer: Dock Fox, BS, RN
- Secretary: Kelli Bates, MSN, RN, CPEN
- Chapter Delegate: Judith Scott, MHA, RN, PHN, FAEN
- Marketing and Social Media: Tiffany Nguyen, MSN, RN
- Trauma: Meaghan Carroll, RN, MSN, CNL, CEN, TCRN
- Government Affairs: Heather Hickman, BSN, RN, CEN, CPEN, CCRN
- EMS: Steven Jacobson, MS, MSN, MBA, RN, CEN, CFRN, CTRN, CPEN, TCRN
Chapter Report to State Council
San Francisco Chapter had five members attend General Assembly as delegates. Two were first time delegates. Since next year’s General Assembly will be in California, let’s hope for more first-time delegates. San Francisco Chapter had an Emergency Nurses Day celebration at Parklab Gardens. If you haven’t visited this fun place, give it a try. San Francisco Chapter is losing one of our great young nurses. Kenneth “Dock” Fox is moving to Connecticut. Doc joined ENA as a student nurse and stayed with us following graduation. He is an asset to ENA and his place of employment. We will miss you. We all wish him good luck in his new surroundings. See you in San Diego in September, Dock!!!!
2 of our members have started a company called The Nursing Beat. it gives up-to-date info about healthcare. 18 Aug at 1800 hours is Trivia night at Harmonic – 1050 26th Ave S.F. Talked about GETTING INVOLVED in ENA following their platform of Education, being a Volunteer, getting interested in Local Government, participate by Running for Office and most importantly Staying Involved. Encouraged all to get certified with CEN Continue to look for the Chapter Newsletter.
Report from San Francisco Chapter The San Francisco Chapter has purchased a vest with a monogram – SF Chapter. They will look great at State Council Meetings. The Chapter has newsletters that are published monthly. A copy of March, April and May were passed around to other Chapter Delegates to review them. Event scheduled for 22 May has been canceled.
San Francisco Chapter is seeing increased social media engagement. This is due to the great educational posts by our President-Elect Meredith Holder. Good Job!! There is considerable work being done to revamp the newsletter by changing the design and trying a new platform. Brittney B and Tiffany N have taken on this project. Brittney B., Past President, gave a presentation to USF Nursing students explaining the value of joining your professional organization. She used ENA as an example and talked about the history of our organization. Manny, our Co-President, has created individualized emails for the board positions Tamara, our Co-President, is working to establish partnerships with vendors. She has 3-4 in the works. Hannah has designed and ordered vests for the SF Chapter Board. Dock has taken the lead to formulate an appropriate form to process the workflow with vendors Dock is also creating badges to wear at State Council meetings. Heather Hickman, a Stanford RN has agreed to be our liaison on the Government Affairs Committee. The Board plans to attend the August meeting in San Jose. This will be a first State Council meeting for several members. Future – Plans are in place to have an event to honor those graduating in May.
San Francisco Chapter has Co-Presidents – Hannah BERNS and Brittney BUNNELL. They have been working hard to transfer information to enable them to run this chapter. They have scheduled a January Board meeting and a February virtual Chapter meeting. Their leadership committee listing: President-Elect – Tamara Al-Yassin President-Elect – Emmanuel (Manny) Jisrawi Secretary – Kelli Bates Leith Treasurer – Ryan Patrick Stewart Chapter Representative – Judith A. Scott Past President – Cheryl Randolph Past Treasurer – Melissa Lancaster Trauma Committee – Meaghan White Education Committee – Meredith Holder
The San Francisco Chapter is planning its Spring ED Nursing Conference. It will be held at San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center – Carr Auditorium 1001 Potrero Avenue between 22nd & 23rd Streets SF – 94110 The conference offers 7 CEs and includes Breakfast and Lunch plus time to network with the vendors.
1. Fall Conference “EN19: A Preview of the National Conference”: 85 attendee’s, 5 new members, and a break-even profit/loss due to the high cost of bringing speakers from all over the country. The quality of the presentations was excellent, and did not demand a financial return. 2. Plans for Spring Conference: Likely to be held in APRIL. Working title: “Legal Concerns in Emergency Nursing Practice.” Will have speakers on the role of the charge nurse, documentation, legal process of a malpractice suit… 3. Judith Scott will be our Chapter rep for upcoming March, May and Aug State Meetings.