Next State Meeting
Save the Date! Our next State Council Meeting will be at the Marriott San Jose at 301 South Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113, 925-433-4510. The State Council Meeting will be on Friday, August 12, 2022.
CA ENA Reception – Thursday, August 11, 2022
A reception will be held on Thursday, August 11, 2022, from 1900-21:00. Please RSVP to Dianne Idman-Gervais no later than July 28 at Director@californiaena.org
Tentative Agenda Times for State Council
- 7:15-8:00am Morning Wellness/Walk with stretching
- 8:00-9:30am Breakfast available
- 8:30-9:15am Chapter Delegates (Reps) Meeting
- 9:30am-12:00pm State Council Meeting
- 12-12:45pm Lunch provided
- 12:45-15:00 State Council Meeting cont.
- 15:15-16:15 Educational Offering with CE (TBD)
- 1700 or later – Optional Winchester Mystery House tour. RSVP to Al Duke @ firstname.lastname@example.org for details and cost.
Room reservations at the Marriott San Jose:
The CA ENA Director-at-Large reserves rooms for the Board of Directors, Committee Chairs, Chapter Delegates, and Special Appointments.
All other attendees, for this meeting only, must request a room from Dianne no later than July 15th to get the rate of $269. You are responsible for your room, taxes, fees, parking, and incidentals all on your own credit card.
The California State Council is open to all members and students interested in emergency nursing. State Council meetings are a great way to stay informed on what's happening in emergency nursing at the state, local and national levels; network with colleagues; and socialize with friends (both new and old). We discuss hot topics such as Ambulance Offload Times, current legislative proposals, TNCC/ENPC, and much more. Additionally, it's an opportunity to bring up emerging issues to discuss with colleagues. Much of the CA ENA work is done by various committees. A full list of committees can be found at https://californiaena.org/committees/. Each committee meets during the meeting, allowing all attendees to gain insight on those topics. Any member can become a member of any committee.
- What's New?
- Legislative Day Registration
- Board Positions
- ENA Representation
- General Assembly Delegates
- Scholarship Information
What’s New at ENA?
- California ENA Connect
- CalENA Annual Education Conference – Learn More
- Call for November Speakers – Learn More
- Call for November Vendors – Learn More
- Call for officers, join your state board of directors
- Scholarship Information
- General Assembly Delegates
- Next State Meeting
- Legislative Day Registration
- COVID-19 Updates
ENA President Mike Hastings, MSN, RN, CEN has said, “As the safety net for our communities, emergency departments across the country are filled with patients who have nowhere else to go for their health care needs. The emergence of novel coronavirus as a possible pandemic, amid an already challenging flu season, serves as a reminder that we must ensure our health communities – first responders, public health departments and hospitals – have the necessary resources to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to provide the best possible care to all patients.”
Please know that your California ENA State Council is here to provide continued support and guidance during this challenging time in emergency medicine.
- COVID19, ARDS & Mechanical Ventilation for the ED Nurse Course Video – California ENA Webinar
- ENA COVID-19 Resource Page
- CDC COVID-19 Resource Page
- CDPH Covid All Facilities Letters
- AFL 21-27.3 Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Testing, Vaccination Verification and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for Health Care Personnel (HCP) at General Acute Care Hospitals (GACHs)
- AFL 21-34.3 Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Vaccine Requirement for Healthcare Personnel (HCP)
- AFL 21-08.8 Guidance on Quarantine and Isolation for Health Care Personnel (HCP) Exposed to SARS-CoV-2 and Return to Work for HCP with COVID-19
- AFL 20-26.12 Suspension of Regulatory Enforcement of Hospital Requirements
For more information, please visit www.cfedwest.com
Legislative Day 2022
Save The Date: March 23, 2022
In-Person & Virtual CA ENA Events:
- Learn about the legislative process and how to connect with your legislators
- Meet our Lobbyist, Connie Delgago
- Identify CA ENA 2022 Legislative Priorities
- Hot Topics: APOT issues & ED Fentanyl testing
- Hear from emergency medicine and hospital organizations to understand their legislative priorities to create coalitions
- 8:00am to 12:00pm – Policy Education (CEUs Offered) and Keynote Speaker (in person or virtual options)
- 12:00pm to 12:30pm – Lunch Break
- Tour of the State Capitol (in person attendees)
- 12:30pm to 4:30pm – Virtual-Only Leg Visits
Register on the CA ENA Leg Day Link! https://californiaena.org/government-affairs
Questions? Contact Stephanie Jensen, Government Affairs Chair email@example.com
Applications are now open for anyone wishing to run for: President-elect, Treasurer-elect, Secretary, Director at Large (Events Coordinator), or Director-at-Large (Relationship Development). (the June 10th call is discussing adding a second Director at Large position- more to come!)
Please submit your application via email to CalENA’s Immediate-Past-President Shelbie Rogers-Alvelais here.
Applications are due July 31st – no late submissions. Election voting will begin at the August 12th CalENA State Council meeting in San Jose and close on August 31st. Please note that Board members are expected to attend all Board and State Council meetings, along with General Assembly and CalENA education events.
The California Emergency Nurses Association State Council elects members to the State Council who represent ENA’s mission to advocate for patient safety and excellence in emergency nursing practice.
To implement the national Emergency Nurses Association’s philosophy, objectives, and leadership on the State level as well as to coordinate professional activities of Chapters within the State in connection with the National Association, its General Assembly and Board of Directors.
2022 California State Council Board Officers:
President: Debby Rogers, RN
Maintains adequate and proper records of the State Council and the Board of Directors, including but not limited to minutes of all meetings and correspondence. Maintains current roster of all Board of Directors, committee chairs, chapter presidents, chapter representatives, and appointees.
President-Elect: Al Duke, RN
Immediate Past President: Shelbie Rogers-Alvelais, RN
Coordinates all State Council administrative activities. Serves as official representative of the State Council. Appoints with the Board of Directors’ approval committee chairs and chairs-elect.
Treasurer: Angela Musiello, RN
Assists the Treasurer to maintain corporate financial records. Completes an internal audit prior to assuming responsibility for corporate financial records.
Treasurer-Elect: David Samuelson, RN
Secretary and Webmaster: Krystal Scott, RN
Director at Large: Dianne Idman-Gervais, RN
Coordinates meeting arrangements for State Council meetings and functions.
EMSA > Visit Site
- Community Paramedicine Pilot Project Task Force: Susan Smith, Alternate: Carole Snyder
- EMS Commission: Carole Snyder
Emergency Medical Care Committees/Commissions
- Contra Costa: David Samuelson | Learn more
- Orange County: Trez Gutierrez | Learn more
- San Diego County: Cheryl Graydon | Learn more
- Los Angeles County Emergency Medical Service Commission: Carole Snyder | Learn more
- California Hospital Association EMS/Trauma Committee: Susan Smith | Learn more
California members representing at the National level:
Garrett Chan, PhD, APRN, CNS, CEN, FAEN: ACADEMY OF EMERGENCY NURSING (AEN) BOARD
Melanie Crowley, MSN, RN, CEN: TNCC REVISION WORK TEAM
Marvin Delfin, MSN-ED, RN, CEN, CPEN, CCRN, CNRN, TCRN: ENA FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE
Melinda Elayda, MPA, BSN, RN: INSTITUTE FOR QUALITY, SAFETY AND INJURY PREVENTION (Quality & Safety) ADVISORY COUNCIL
Janis Farnholtz-Provinse, MS, BSN, RN, CNS, CEN,TCRN, FAEN: PEER REVIEW EDUCATION COMMITTEE
Janis Farnholtz-Provinse, MS, BSN, RN, CNS, CEN, TCRN: TNCC REVISION WORK TEAM
Catherine J Hesse, MN, MSN, RN, NP, ANP: ENA FOUNDATION FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE
Diane Koyasu Heine, DNP, MSN, BSN, AND, RN, CEN: LANTERN AWARD REVIEWERS
Katherine Logee, MSN, RN, NP, CEN, CPEN, CFRN, CNE, FNP-BC, PNP-BC: PEDIATRIC COMMITTEE
Robin MacPherson-Dias, RN: CLINICAL PRACTICE GUIDELINES COMMITTEE
Tobin Miller, DNP, MSN-ED, RN, CEN, CFRN, CCRN: LANTERN AWARD COMMITTEE
Angela Neufeld, RN: AWARDS COMMITTEE
Kellyn Pak, MSN, RN, CEN, MICN: TNCC REVISION WORK TEAM
Matthew Powers, MS, BSN, RN, MICP, CEN, FAEN: EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES ADVISORY COUNCIL
Matthew F. Powers, MS, BSN, RN, MICP, CEN, FAEN: NOMINATIONS AND ELECTIONS COMMITTEE
Michele Redlo, MSN, MPA, BSN, RN, CPEN: PEDIATRIC COMMITTEE
Michele Redlo, MSN, MPA, BSN, RN, CPEN, PHN: PEER REVIEW EDUCATION COMMITTEE
David Samuelson, MSN, RN, CEN, CPEN, CTRN, CCRN: NOMINATIONS AND ELECTIONS COMMITTEE
Kevin Stansbury, MBA, BS, RN, CEN, VA-BC: LANTERN AWARD COMMITTEE
Kristen Tarrell, MS, BSN, RN, CEN, PHRN: ENA FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE
Anna Maria Valdez, PhD, MSN, RN, CEN, CFRN, CNE, FAEN: JOURNAL OF EMERGENCY NURSING EDITORIAL BOARD
Justin Winger, PhD, MA, BSN: POSITION STATEMENT COMMITTEE
Cheryl Wraa, MSN, RN, FAEN: JOURNAL OF EMERGENCY NURSING EDITORIAL BOARD
The 2022 General Assembly and Annual Meeting is scheduled to be held in Denver, Colorado on September 29 & 30, 2022. The educational component of the conference will be conducted September 30 – October 3, 2022.
ALL current California ENA Members who hold a valid California professional RN license are eligible to apply.
Deadline for application submission is June 5th, 2022.
Please contact Louise Hummel at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding the application process.
Error: No feed found.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to create a feed.